Cape Breton Island - The DVD
Running Time: 72 min
"The music, land and people"
Director Peter Murphy, travels throughout rural Cape Breton with his camera, meeting and visiting with people, listening to music and poetry, and capturing the stunning natural beauty of the Island in all seasons.
This video looks beyond the conventional tourism image, to present a more traditional, spontaneous and intimate picture. Some of the best known Celtic musicians are here as well as some hidden treasures. The Acadians, Irish and Micmac add to this diverse portrait of a unique island.
- A dynamic set of jigs by Natalie MacMaster
- Cape Breton scenery, all the seasons
- From the archives: A great session of tunes and dancing with Buddy and Natalie MacMaster, Ashley MacIsaac and Jackie Dunn.
- Reading by Alistair MacLeod from his short story "The Tuning of Perfection"
- Visit and some tunes with the "Queen of the C.B. violin" Theresa MacLellan.
- Micmac poet Rita Joe reads her poems. Cheticamp's Doreyman Tavern.
- Tunes by Howie MacDonald, Alex Francis MacKay, Stephanie Wills, etc.
- And much more . . . . .
Special added features from Cape Breton Island Vol.2 include
- Dwayne Cote dynamic set partially filmed at Stanfest.
- Visit with Mi'kmaq Fiddler Extraordinaire LeeCremo.
- Brenda Stubbert and Tommy Basker.